University chancellor is responsible for :
- Executing the ratifications of the Board of Trustees
- Leading the academic, research, administrative financial, cultural and student activities of the university and administering the university affairs according to rules and regulations.
- Coordinating different activities of the university to achieve the set objectives.
- Appointing and deposing university staff according to rules and regulations.
- Reporting the academic research, administrative and financial activities of the university and presenting them to the related authorities.
- Inspecting and proposing university organization to the Board of Trustees, The Ministry of Science, Research and Technology and other related authorities.
- Attending official sessions of the university council and other meetings as the legal representative.